Monday, October 22, 2007

We have 1 CM!

Well, we just returned from our first weekly appointment at Dr. Putterman's office. They did the strep test and he did the first exam to see if I am dilated. We were shocked to hear that I am - I am 1 centimeter! Woo-hoo! He said everything is progressing nicely, Carson's heartbeat sounds good, and I look good. I had gained 1 pound since he saw me last, putting me at a total weight gain of 20 pounds. My blood pressure was normal.

Dr. Putterman goes on vacation November 21st, so he said he would induce the week of the 12th if I had not had him by then. He said the only reason he wouldn't do that would be if I was not progressing or showing any signs of early labor. He said he thinks we should be fine, especially since I am 1 centimeter dilated at this point.

We went over to Methodist and pre-registered, so we're all ready to go. We now know where to park and where to go when I am actually in labor. We're set! Now I just need to pack my bags.

That's this week's update!

No comments: