Monday, February 16, 2009

10 Honest/Random Things About Me...

Since my good friend Suzy tagged me, I must follow through! Here's the story...

1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were tagged.
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

In no particular order: 10 HONEST/Random things about myself:

1. I am a Starbucks fanatic. I absolutely LOVE Skinny Vanilla Lattes. So much that I have a Starbucks Gold Card, and am convinced it is sooo awesome because I save 34 cents each day on my latte.

2. I raised a hog in high school. Yes, that's right...Jaymie who wears Ann Taylor suits and stilettos all the time. Not only did I raise a hog named C.B. (Clint Black), I won Reserve Grand Champion. Nice! If you're wondering how I got into FFA...yep, it was a boy. I was dating the President at the time, and decided I might as well raise an animal. Then, my competitive side took over and my C.B. kicked his hog's a**!

3. I have been in the Radio business for 18 years. My first job was in promotions at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. What did that mean? Butt stickering everyone! Yes, I literally would slap a sticker on anyone's butt that passed by The New 93Q area. That's right - The New 93Q, where I work now. Funny how things come full circle. While I'm talking about my job....I LOVE it. I am crazy about it. How many people do you know can say that?!

4. I am a proud Chi Omega. I love my sorority and all of the wonderful friends I met there.

5. I am a BIG prankster. I once poked holes in hard boiled eggs (with the shell on) and taped them under another girls' bed while she was in class. I also rolled two of them up onto the shelf of her closet. Waaaaaayyyy back there where she would never see them. Two weeks later while I was at class, my roommate found her furiously vacuuming, dusting, and cleaning up a storm. She finally discovered the eggs under her bed and told my roommate, "Wow - these must be from the last girls who lived here. Eeeuuuw. Gross." Ah, I escaped being caught again. See #8 below. This trait comes from my Dad.

6. I am extremely anal retentive. Borderline OCD. I have a friend at work that loves to come into my office and turn things ever so slightly to see if I notice. Nice. I notice every time!

7. Laughing has got to be one of my favorite things to do. Well, making people laugh is one too. Laughter is the best medicine. It can make anyone's day. Try it!

8. My parents have been married 36 years this year. I am so proud to be their daughter. What wonderful role models Katie and I have in them. I will never forget how much my friends enjoyed staying at my house growing up. They loved waking up to my parents' laughter. They would just be lying there talking about something and just start cracking up. See #7...this is where I got that. Mom and Dad are truly two of the most amazing people I know. They touch everyone they meet in some shape or form.

9. I am competitive to a fault. (see #2) Right. Just this past weekend I was bowling with some friends. I was upset because I came in second one game. What the? I totally want to challenge Mr. #1 to a rematch! This means I am a competitive Mom too...scary. I actually asked the daycare how Carson was developing compared to his classmates today. OMG. I am THAT Mom. See #8 - this may or may not come from MY Mother. Okay, it does come from my Mom. For sure. Love you Mom!

10. I love quotes. I like including them on random notes to friends, agendas for my staff, cards, speeches, etc. I have several books of quotations, and I enjoy sharing them with people.

Now for the 7 peeps to tell me about themselves....Cher, Tiffany, Leah, Emily, Christi, Brenda, and Mike and Jen.

Love to everyone!

1 comment:

Suzy Shoup said...

I love them...when other people post their things - I always find myself thinking of other things I could have shared. :)