I am thrilled to tell everyone that I got a promotion today. We made some internal changes in the sales department at COX Radio Houston. Unfortunately, that meant some good people were laid off. With the economic downturn, we were forced to make some tough decisions. This affected the 2 GSM's (General Sales Managers) for KHPT and KHTC. In addition, the LSM on KHPT was asked to return to sales for KHTC.
What does that mean for me? A little less than a week ago, my boss asked me to step up to the plate and handle the sales efforts on 106.9 The Point. I was more than happy to do so. This is my opportunity to branch out from Judy, learn a new product, and show our company that I can grow, develop, and retain talent. I had my first meeting with my staff as the Sales Manager this morning, and I think it went over well.
I am looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead of me, and increasing the overall revenue for The Point. I know I have some talented AE's on the KHPT team, and I look forward to working with them.
I do have to say that the Country Combo staff was very sad. Several of them cried. I was sad to leave them, but I know that they will be just fine. I will miss working with them daily though.
Hope everyone is well - I'll post some updates on my new KHPT team shortly. My best to all!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
First, Congrats, Jaymie! I'm so very excited for you and know you'll do a wonderful job although I'm sad that we won't be working together as much anymore. :(
...and it's a bit bizarre but I got your text last night just as I was FINALLY finishing writing a thank you note to you! Did you know I was thinking of you? :)
Post a Comment