
We just returned from our 10 week appointment at Dr. Putterman's office. Baby K is doing great! He/she was showing off today, boasting a very high heart rate of 190! Dr. Putterman said not to worry, that was perfectly normal. Apparently if Mommy is nervous, baby can feel it, and their heart rate increases as well.
My blood pressure was normal and I have lost 5 pounds since my last appointment. Our next appointment with Dr. Putterman is in 4 weeks. We are actually having what's called an ultra screen done for locating chromosomal problems within the next 2 weeks. I doubt they will find anything, and I am really only doing it for peace of mind. Dr. Putterman wasn't even going to ask me if I wanted to do any testing. The ultra screen is basically an ultrasound where they will listen to the heart beat, measure certain things on the baby, and measure the amount of fluid on the back of the baby's skull, at the top of their spine. Once they do that, they will draw blood. They then give you a risk estimate for different chromosomal abnormalities. Again, I am sure Baby K is perfect, but this test will give me even more peace of mind.
Here's a few pictures of the baby. Dr. Putterman took two today, from different angles. Baby K is definitely growing!
I'll write more after the ultra screen. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and positive thoughts!


No comments:
Post a Comment