Wednesday, May 09, 2007

First Trimester Screening




Great news! We just got back from the doctor where everything looked good! Today was the big test - the ultra screen. The doctor said the level of fluid on the back of the neck looked good. We should have results and our risk level within a week - just in time for me to make the announcement before A Day In The Country. For those of you that don't know, A Day In The Country, or ADITC, is an all-day outdoor country music festival put on by COX Radio Houston. All COX Radio Houston employees have to work the event. It is a long, hot day. Dr. Putterman does not want me in the sun that long, or on my feet that long. I've been worried that I might not have results in time to tell them before ADITC, but it looks like I will. Whew!


Baby K was doing great - he/she has grown A LOT. The heartrate was 167 today. It was really neat to see the heart beating on the ultrasound. I enjoyed that a lot. I also liked hearing it of course.


I got three new pictures. We learned that Baby K likes to suck his or her thumb. They didn't want to part with it - uh-oh! Even after she shook my tummy and poked at it, they still would not stop sucking their thumb. Ha!


The first picture is a close up of the thumb-sucking action. He/she did not want to part with that thumb! From the left - that's the head - you're looking at a profile. The baby is sucking its thumb and you can see the neck and the top of its chest.


The second picture is a close up profile shot. This time the baby stopped sucking its thumb for a second. You can see the outline of the eyes, nose and mouth if you look closely.


The third picture is a profile picture of the baby sucking its thumb. You can see the head on the left and the feet are on the right hand side.


Neat, huh? Chad and I are just thrilled! I'll post more next week once we receive the results. Please pray that our risk level is low for the chromosomal abnormalities they are testing for.


Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers - we couldn't do it without you!

No comments: