When we got home from NOWFE, Carson seemed a little hot. Sunday night he went to bed really early, but woke up in the middle of the night burning up. I noticed a little rash when I gave him a bath, but I chalked it up to heat rash. On Memorial Day he just got worse and worse. The fever wouldn't come down, even with medicine, and the rash spread over his entire body. So, we ended up at the ER per the Texas Children's nurse. They ended up giving him a double dose of Tylenol and that brought it down slightly. However, it made him really hyper. He wouldn't stop babbling, laughing, and smiling. You would have never thought he was sick by the looks of this picture.
We ended up getting a shot of antibiotics, an xray, and some blood work. Turned out to be a virus. We went to see Dr. Wolens first thing Tuesday morning. He told us it might be roseola. It took over a week for it to go away, but finally...it's gone. He's doing much better - yay!


No comments:
Post a Comment