Well, the final bit of news I have to share has a little something to do with that new ticker you see on the left-hand side of our blog......
WE'RE PREGNANT!!!
Chad and I had planned to start trying when we got back from our Italy trip, but God had other plans. I found out I was pg the day before we left for Italy. Yep. I was actually on a call with one of my sellers at a place called The Motherhood Center. If you are pregnant and don't know about this place, check it out! They have everything for expectant and new moms. We were passing the photo studio when I saw a picture of a little girl wearing a tu-tu and her big brother. The big brother was leaning down kissing her forehead and the little girl was laughing. I teared up. Then, I freaked out. I realized, "Oh *&^%! I'm pregnant!" I had an inkling and had taken a test the night prior, but it came out negative. So, I figured I was just a day late. Um, no. I left the call, peeled into Walgreens, grabbed a test, burned rubber back to the station, took the elevator up to the 21st floor, ran to the restroom, and took the test. 5 minutes later I walked out stunned, supposed to go on another call for COCKTAILS with another one of my reps. I decided to go ahead and go, and just have water. (it was an important client) The second I walked in, she said, "OMG - are you ok? You are SO pale." I said, "I'm fine, just pregnant." She said, "WHAT?! OMG! Congratulations!!!" At this point, I hadn't even told Chad. However, I HAD left several frantic voice and text messages telling him to call me immediately.
Luckily, Sheryl knows how to keep a secret. She calmed me down, helped me make a list of what I needed to do (like take my vitamins right away that I hadn't even picked up from the pharmacy yet!), and helped me understand that it's okay to drink when you don't know you're pregnant. (we had been out the night prior with my team and had had quite a few coxtails as we refer to them at COX Radio) FINALLY, after what seemed an eternity (actually an hour and a half) Chad called back. I said, "Where have you been?!?!?!?" He of course freaks out and says, "What's wrong?! Are you okay?!?!?!?!? You called 25 times!" I say, "Are you sitting down?" He says, "Well, yeah. I just left the gym and am driving home." I said, "Pull over." He said, "Why????" I said, "Just do it." He said, "Ok, I'm pulled over. What is it?!?!" I said, "Lemme just put it to you this way...I won't be drinking in Italy!" He says, "Huh?" (I about came through the phone at this point folks) I said, "I am pregnant!!!" He said, "What? How? Well, I know how, but it was one time, no way, really, are you serious, that is FANTASTIC!!!!" He was thrilled. We had so many problems last time we just knew it would be difficult this time. Nope, didn't even have to try!
So, I am now coming up to 12 weeks and doing well so far. The baby is doing great, and is big and healthy. I will post some pictures next. We are just so thrilled and blessed to have Baby K 2 on the way.
Everyone's now ready to find out what it is. I say boy. I really think boy. Chad and the vast majority of everyone else thinks girl. We'll see after the first of the year. We have our triple screen in two weeks, a follow up with Dr. Putterman two weeks after that, and then we'll go back in January for the big reveal.
I'll start posting pictures of the baby bump soon. I have already popped out and am in full-on maternity clothes. It's NUTS. I feel huge. Dr. Putterman says that's because I am. Ha! I haven't gained a pound (actually lost 9). I am not as tired with this one, but definitely feel sicker. I am nauseous about 70% of the time. This is down from 90% just last week. Hopefully I'll be past this phase soon.
Anyway, that's the big news. We're really excited! Carson's catching on and kissing the baby nightly. (my tummy) It's super cute.
Love to all!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment