Needless to say, I freaked out. I called Chad and just started bawling. He told me he could stay home with him and that I should start calling daycares right away to see if we could get him in. (remember, we just gave up our spot at Primrose Kelliwood a week ago) I called and was told that all spaces were full. However, they could make an exception for us and get us in March 15th. Before then, there were no spots and they were on a waiting list until June for infants. Same story at two other daycares in the area. The last resort was checking with Kompany Kids, the daycare downstairs at my office. I walked in, thinking the worst, and was informed that they had ONE spot left! I was SOOO relieved! I signed up immediately, paid the deposit, application fee, and his tuition for the remainder of the month.
Carson started Kompany Kids on Tuesday morning. I was so scared to put him in daycare, and I am still scared that he's going to get sick and we'll end up back at TCH. But, at this point, we have no other choice. Turns out, I really like it so far. Carson only has four other kids in his class - Luke, Marley, Savannah, and Avery. They are all really precious and healthy. They have three teachers, so each of them get a LOT of one on one care. Carson seems to really like his teachers - Miss Felicia, Miss T, and Miss Hazel. They are very sweet and just love on all the babies in there. I feel even better about the situation because Christi Brooks, our midday DJ on 93Q and my good friend, has her daughter there. She just got transitioned to the next class from the class that Carson is now in. So, Christi was able to give me the skinny on Carson's classmates, the school, and what to expect. I am so appreciative for her advice and knowledge. It's really helped me get through the first week. And, I can't describe the feeling of comfort knowing that he's right downstairs and I can pop in anytime I like. (I've already done so at least two times a day) The most important thing is he likes it. He comes home happy and is still sleeping very well.
On the nanny note, we emailed the agency regarding Maria on Tuesday morning. We finally got a response Wednesday morning. They dropped her from their service and refunded all of our money. They, of course, tried to get us to interview some of their other nannies and we said no. We had a bad experience and we're not sure how long it will take to get the bad taste for nannies out of our mouths.
Carson is getting SO big. He's up to about 13 pounds now. I know this because I've been weighing myself and then weighing myself with him. Ha! 3 month clothes are tight on him and some don't even fit depending on the brand. Cousin Wyatt is loaning Carson some 6 month and older clothes and it's making our lives much easier and cheaper.
Carson can really hold his head up now. Here are a few current pictures of our big boy. Enjoy!

First day of school...I'm not sure what to think about this leaving at 630am stuff!

Second day of school - I like riding to work with Mommy - she sings to me and we listen to my favorite country artist, Carrie Underwood.

Check me out! I am really getting good at this tummy time!

See, I told you I was getting good!

I'm getting soooo big! I love to lay on my back and kick and play!

I held onto my bottle for the first time tonight!
We are slowly weaning Carson (and me) off of breast milk. He's had two bottles of formula today and seems to really be doing well so far. He likes the taste and doesn't seem to be too gassy. Wish us luck!
The AWRT Gala was Thursday night. I did not win my category of Radio Sales Manager, but my good friend Jennifer Mock did. I am really excited for her. She's also expecting a baby in April - how exciting!
I hope everyone is doing well. We'll write soon with more updates and pictures, I'm sure!


No comments:
Post a Comment