Well, my first week back at work went pretty well. It was hard getting up at 5am and starting my day, but I did it! I missed Carson like crazy, but he was in good hands. My parents took turns watching him and I think everyone had a good time.
Chad was out of town last week as well. It was rough not having Daddy here my first week back, but he has to travel every once in a while. We missed him!
Maria starts tomorrow. She called me Friday to ask if it was "okay if she came early Monday". Um, hello? Of course you can come early! I'm looking forward to getting her into the swing of things in the morning. I know this week will be harder than last because it's not family watching him, but we'll make it through.
Carson had his two month check-up on Friday. He is very advanced for his age - he is already doing things 4 and 5 month olds do. I was very proud of him. Once again Dr. Wolens didn't really believe that he could do all of the things I told him, so he gave him little tests to check. Sure enough - he did everything I said he could. He was very impressed.
Carson now weighs 11lbs, 11oz and is 23.8 inches long. He is growing so fast! He is already in 3 month clothes and some are tight. He's a big boy!
He took his shots like a champ. He cried a bit, but overall he did a great job. I think he had already gone through far worse things in the hospital, thus this seemed like a cake walk.
Chad and I decided to take Carson out with us to dinner for the first time last night. We went to our little Italian restaurant that we love. It's family owned and they are the sweetest people. They were so excited to finally meet him. He slept the entire meal, woke up and smiled at everyone before we left, and was such a good boy. It was so nice to be able to go out as a family. Here is a picture of me and my little guy just before leaving for dinner. Don't you just love those shoes and Polo outfit?
I hope everyone is doing well. Love to all!


No comments:
Post a Comment