Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Bedtime Stories & 2 Week Check-Up

Well, I did it! I survived a day and night without Chad's wonderful help. For those of you that don't know, I broke my tailbone again during delivery. The pain I feel with the tailbone is far, far worse than any pain I felt in labor. I have to take 800mg Ibuprofen every 8 hours just to take the edge off. Chad is such a big help. He gets it since I broke my tailbone with Carson too. He's sweet enough to do the diapers at night and bring Cade to me to feed. Thank you babe for everything!!!

Anyway, I was saying....I survived a day and night without Chad's wonderful help. His entire division is in town so he has meetings all day and dinners at night. I feel a huge sense of accomplishment after my day today. I got up, got myself ready, fit into some pre-pregnancy pants (yay!), actually fixed my hair and make-up, got Cade ready, nursed him twice, and got in the car to head into town for Cade's 2 week check-up. He did well - poor thing had to have his PKU test and his first Hep B shot. He cried and cried, but finally calmed down for the ride home. He's doing great, he's above birth weight! I was worried he might not be getting enough milk because I am not getting a lot when I pump. Um, definitely not the case. He's just drinking everything I am producing! Here are his stats:

7lbs, 11oz - 21%ile
20.5 inches - 41%ile
Head circ - 35cm - 14%ile

We saw the PA because Dr. Wolens was booked. She was shocked at how strong he is at 2 weeks of age. See, I told you my kids are strong! She said he was "remarkably strong, especially his core muscles, for 2 weeks of age". She also said, "he is very alert and is extremely advanced in the motor skills arena". Yeah! Go Cade Go!

Once we got home, I nursed him again and it was just about time to get Carson. I quickly stuffed half a croissant down my throat, got him ready again, and hopped in the car to get Carson. We picked him up and headed to run an errand. Then, we came home, Carson had dinner, I nursed Cade again, gave Carson a bath, and then read them both 7 books. Carson just kept bringing them to me and I kept reading. It was really cute! Here are some pics from the evening...
Tee hee! I like this story about Noah, his ark, and the animals...(Carson pulled out a Bible Children's Book first)
Zzzzzzz...this story about Horton is boring....

Cade - let me show you how you do pop-up books....

Yellow....I know all of my colors very very well....

Cheese Mommy! Now get back over here so we can read another book!
We are so blessed to have 2 wonderful boys! Life is good!
Love to all!

No comments: