Well, it's official...the Kosina Family has moved! We started building a new home with Partners In Building back in March in Firethorne. (near Katy Mills Mall) They were wonderful to work with throughout the entire process. We have thoroughly enjoyed our builder, super, salesman, and everyone else we have dealt with. They were accommodating, understanding, and helpful. We are so excited to be in our new home, love our neighbors, and love the neighborhood.
What about the house on Chippenham, you ask? We put it on the market in late February, had 23 showings, and 2 open houses. We FINALLY got an offer on it in late April. Boy, were we relieved. We were about to start freaking out. Okay, I was already freaking out with Cade's due date nearing, beginning the packing process, and preparing to be out on maternity leave for 8 weeks. Nevertheless, we counter offered and they agreed to our price. We were able to make a very nice profit on the house. That was very exciting!
It all worked out perfectly in the end, but man oh man was it crazy. Cade was born on the 17th of May, and one week after his arrival I began packing. I packed almost every time he napped, which meant I was even more tired than a normal parent with a newborn. We had no other choice...the timing just turned out that way. At night, Chad would pack. Many a time the Kosinas helped us out with Carson so we could pack into the late hours of the night. The inspector came and told us the house was in great shape. Whew. Then, the appraisal came in right at the asking price. Whew. In the meantime, our new house was almost ready. We scheduled our first and final walk throughs, and continued to pack.
Then came Chad's craziest month of travel ever. He was literally gone three weeks right before we moved. The week after Cade was born, the week before we moved, and the week after we moved. Thus, that left us with one weekend of opportunity to move - the 12th. Thank goodness it all worked out. I had to get a Power of Attorney for both properties so I could sign for us both during closing. I closed on both properties and did our final walk through on the 11th. With a newborn. While breastfeeding 100%. It was a challenge, but we got through it. Chad got home late on the 11th, and the movers were there on the 12th at 8am. Everything was at the new house by 7:30pm. While Chad helped the movers get everything situated in the new house, Mom and I unpacked the necessities so we could at least go to bed that evening with clean sheets. On the 13th, Chad got all of the last few items from the old house and brought them here in loads. My parents helped as well - they were a lifesaver. I spent the day unpacking. On the 14th, Chad left at 6am for the airport. My parents came to help me that same night for the entire week. Carson stayed with the Kosinas until Wednesday afternoon so I could at least get the boys' rooms unpacked. By Friday I had everything unpacked, organized, and in its spot except for the study (also Chad's office) and the garage. Chad got home and was thrilled to see the progress.
Carson came home Wednesday afternoon and was really excited to see all of his things in this house. He slept with me the first night, which was okay with me because I wanted him to get comfortable in the house. Every night since Thursday he's been in his own bed and doing just fine. I'm so proud of him. Today we are working on potty training. We've had 4 accidents so far, but he's doing very well overall.
I will post some pictures of the new house in a separate post in a moment. It really turned out great. Carson enjoys going to get the mail at night because there is a park at the mailbox area. It's a nice little walk from the house, and we all enjoy meeting neighbors on the way. We're so happy to be in a new community and very blessed to be on a small culdesac with several other young families. Carson and Cade will have many friends here on the street.
That's our big news! Surprise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment