Friday, August 03, 2007

DFW

Chad and I came up to Fort Worth yesterday afternoon. I have some client calls to make in Dallas, so we figured we would make a weekend of it and visit with Kelly and Brad. We got here around 5:30 last night and were able to check out the progress on their landscaping in the daylight. It's looking really great. The front yard is completely finished, and they are about halfway there on the backyard.

They have put down huge pieces of flagstone in the back to make a patio. It's really great. They are installing an outdoor kitchen that will include their smoker, a new grill, a sink, and a nice fridge. The landscaper is running the wires today. He hopes to have it all complete by next week. It looks really great so far - I can't wait to see the finished product.

We had dinner at a really great Italian place. It was good. The only negative was all the mosquitos and flies. EW. (we sat outside) Other than that, the food was terrific. I would definitely go back.

I'm just piddling around waiting for 10:15 or so to come around. I need to stop at Tom Thumb on my way to the Big D to get some cookies for my second client meeting. I'm taking the buyer for McDonald's and Mattress Giant to lunch, and then I'm heading to the agency that handles The Texas Lottery. Mapquest says it will take me about 45 minutes to get there from Kelly and Brad's. I'm alloting an hour because I don't quite know my way around. I'm looking forward to bringing these clients up to speed on how we do business at COX, and beginning the long process of mending the fences that the rep before me tore down. Ug. It's going to be a long, hard road, but it will be fine in the end.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday so far! I'm looking forward to relaxing this weekend and enjoying some time away from Houston. Kelly and I are going to get mani/pedis tomorrow - yay! Can't wait!

And oh! They got Carson some super cute onesies, jeans, and socks from Children's Place. I just love them. I can't wait to get home so I can wash them and add them to his growing wardrobe. What a spoiled little boy he is going to be!

No comments: