Monday, I went to work, took Carson to school, and everything was business as usual. Chad wrote me an email Monday afternoon telling me he wasn't feeling well. He thought maybe he had picked up Carson's stomach bug. When I got home, he looked terrible. He was burning up with fever and was so dizzy he couldn't stand. I called the Kosina's right away. Gillard came over and watched Carson while I took Chad to the ER. Thank GOD we got in when we did because he practically collapsed, started shaking, and was unable to talk. He was severely dehydrated. They pumped him full of fluids - 4 Liters to be exact. He finally felt better and was no longer dizzy. We were up at the ER from 8p-2a. Needless to say, it was scary and exhausting. I am so glad that I forced Chad to go - it would have only gotten worse overnight.
HYDRATE yourselves always - that is something I would hate to see anyone go through. Chad too! I'm so glad he's okay. I was so worried about him.
We both took off work today. I got up and took Carson to school. I came home and just crashed. We both slept pretty much all day, and my parents called to say they would pick up Carson and keep him tonight so we could catch up on our sleep. We are so grateful!
I don't know what we do without our families - we are so blessed to live in the same city and be able to rely on one another. That's what family's for, right?


No comments:
Post a Comment