Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Terrible Ending To Our Weekend

This afternoon was so beautiful. Chad was outside working in the yard. Kenzie and Teddy kept going in and out as usual. At one point, Chad said, "Let's go see what Don's done on his yard." I said, "Okay!" Kenzie and Teddy followed as usual. Kenzie went right in Don's backyard. Teddy was more hesitant. I had to coax him to go back there. About three minutes after we got there Sadie, their Great Dane, picked Teddy up by the head and shook him back and forth several times. Let me mention that they have never, ever had a problem before. She has always been so loving with both of them. She dropped him when Leah pounded on her back. He started yelping immediately. Chad picked him up and I noticed that his eye looked terrible. Chad and Don hopped in the car and took him to the Emergency Clinic immediately. They took him in right away because of the severity of the injury. They informed Chad that a specialist would need to come in to operate on his eye. We just got the call that they were not able to save his eye. Teddy will now only have one eye. I am devastated. Chad is going to pick him up around midnight, as they are still watching him to make sure he's okay after the surgery. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle seeing him with only one eye. It's going to break my heart. I've been sick all afternoon. I can only imagine how I'm going to feel when I see my poor little Teddy in person.

Please say some prayers that he recovers from all of this safely, with no infections. I'll post an update soon.

No comments: