Thursday, April 17, 2008

Teddy Update

Teddy's eye is slowly but surely healing. They removed the eyeball because they couldn't get it to stay in the socket, and because he lost sight in that eye from the injury. When Chad brought him home Sunday around 2am, I was devastated. It broke my heart looking at him. He looked so sad. He woke up several times throughout the night wimpering from the pain. Monday, he probably only got out of his bed once, but he surprised us when he ate like usual. Tuesday, he started walking around a bit more. Wednesday, he was outside starting to do a little more. Today, I came home and he was outside playing with a toy. He was shaking it all around and playing in the sun. He is running up and down the stairs, following me everywhere like usual, and he seems to feel much better.

Chad will be taking him to the vet tomorrow for a follow up visit. The stitches are supposed to come out next Wednesday. My poor Teddy. I'm going to attach a picture. If you're squeamish, I'm sorry. There's still a lot of swelling, however it was 5 times this size when he came home Sunday. It already looks a LOT better.

No comments: