skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Carson Update
I received a scary phone call Tuesday afternoon. Dr. Wolens, our pediatrician, called to tell me that Carson's bloodwork had come back abnormal from his two week screening. The odd thing is this bloodwork is just a repeat of what we had drawn in the hospital. Everything came back fine with his first test, so Dr. Wolens was curious as to why this test came back differently. He informed me that I needed to take Carson to Texas Children's Hospital immediately for additional, more extensive bloodwork. Chad was out of town on business for the day, so my parents had to take off of work early to come get us. From what I could understand from the medical jargon, Carson had elevated hormone levels. Hightened levels of these hormones could indicate a genetic problem. However, Dr. Wolens seems to think it's either a lab error, or it is just hightened because he is getting my hormones from my breast milk. Nevertheless, I am so worried and cannot wait to get results. We should actually receive some tomorrow and the rest next week. Our little guy was a real trooper - I cried more than he did. They drew two whole viles of blood, but he only cried for a few seconds. I, on the other hand, cried the entire time. Thank goodness my Mom was in there to calm me down. It's just so hard watching him hurt. There's nothing I can do to take the pain away, and I hate that. I am believing that everything will come out fine with these tests, and that God knows what we can handle. He would not give us a situation we can't deal with.On the way back from the hospital we stopped at my friend Emily's house so that I could feed Carson, she could finally meet him, and we could all visit. Emily has a four month old named Rusty who is just precious. We took a picture of us and the boys. Emily wants me to be sure to mention that she had just worked out and has no make-up on in the picture. Puh-lease! I wish I looked that good without make-up!I will post the results from his bloodwork as soon as we receive them.
No comments:
Post a Comment