Monday, November 12, 2007

The Last Doctor's Appointment

Well, we had our last doctor's appointment today. Nothing has changed - I am still 1 and a half cm dilated and hardly effaced at all. My blood pressure was 140/80, so Dr. Putterman decided to go ahead and set our induction date. We will call the hospital Sunday around 4pm to make sure they have a room for me. At that point, they will tell us when they will be ready for us and we will head up there. Dr. Putterman really wants me there by 8pm Sunday night, but it all depends on whether or not they have room for me. Once they do, they will administer some medicine Sunday night to soften my cervix which will hopefully make me go ahead and start effacing. Monday morning, Dr. Putterman will stop by to determine when I am ready for the pitocin. Once he gives the go ahead we'll get busy with that and my contractions should start shortly thereafter. Thus, Carson should be born on Monday, November 19th. That's one day before my due date - also the day before my Mom's birthday.

We are really excited to finally know that our son will be with us within a week! We can't wait to meet him!!! I know I am excited and I think Chad is just as excited and a little nervous. It's all so real now. We installed the car seat last night and I'll tell you what...driving with that in my car brings it all home. Although I don't want to work this week, I am sticking it out. Before I know it, my last childless weekend will be here. My son, my angel, the one I have wanted for so, so long will finally be in my arms in one week. I just cannot wait to hold him, kiss him, and love on him for a lifetime!

The Push Posse is ready for action. Cherolyn and Mom will join Chad and I at the hospital first thing Monday morning. I'm so glad they will be there with us. It means a lot to us!

I'll post a 39 week picture tomorrow. I cannot believe I am 39 weeks pregnant! It looks like my total weight gain for my pregnancy will be 20-21 pounds. I am happy with that - I just hope that I can lose it quickly and be back in my suits when I return to work.

Thank you to everyone for your prayers and positive thoughts. Please pray for a safe, easy delivery resulting in a very healthy baby boy!

No comments: