Saturday, November 17, 2007

Twas The Day Before Checking In To The Hospital...

Well, we check into the hospital tomorrow night. I cannot believe that I only have two more childless days. My life will forever change, and oh how I am looking forward to it!

I plan to take the laptop to the hospital, so I will update the blog as frequently as I can. We are taking cards and such to pass the time Sunday night. Mom and Chad are both coming. Cherolyn will arrive first thing Monday morning after she drops Wyatt off at The Johnson's.

People keep asking me if I am nervous. You know, I am actually not nervous at this point. As I have told Cher, I will be nervous when they actually check me into the hospital, have me change into a gown, and administer the first bit of medication. THEN, I will be nervous. I am doing my best to remain calm and know that everything will go just fine. We will meet our little angel so soon. It's the moment we've been waiting for for so very long. He's our little miracle, and I can't wait to lay eyes on him, hold him, kiss him, and show him off to the world!

It was so nice to leave work yesterday knowing that my clients are in good hands with Alana. It was also a good feeling to know that I have really prepared everything as best I could for Alana to step in and take over while I am out. The best feeling though was knowing I have 9 weeks ahead of me to enjoy my new little angel, get to know him, and unwind from the daily grind. I am so looking forward to it. And, what perfect timing - I'll have the entire holiday season off.

Please say some prayers for us that the delivery is safe and that our little boy is nothing short of absolutely perfect and healthy. I am sure I will post something again before he arrives. Until then, I have just a few more hours without a newborn and we have lots to do!

No comments: